Keep your NMLS license up-to-date with the required eight hours of CE! 8 Hour SAFE Comprehensive: Continuing Education 2022.
Mortgage loan originator licensees under the DBO, or BRE licensees with a “license endorsement” approved for issuance in 2021 will expire on December 31, 2022.
There are many new changes in the laws and other valuable information covered in this year’s course. There is a lengthy discussion on the TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures (TRID), including a detailed review of the Loan Estimate (LE) and the Closing Disclosure (CD). Other topics will include an overview of the Equal Credit Opportunities Act, FHA Loans and How Adjustable Rate Mortgages work. There will be material on predatory lending, fraud as well as various other topics mandated by the NMLS.
Topics for 2022 include:
- Introduction to Multi-state Mortgage Committee (MMC)
- Highlight the most common deficiencies found during the most recent regulatory examinations.
- A review of other Federal Laws: TILA, HPA, HMDA, MLO Compensation Rule
- The Do Not Call Registry/Rules 15 USC 6101et seq.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)/Fair and Accurate Credit
- Transactions Act (FACTA) / FTC Red Flag Rules/Identity Theft Rules
- Common Fraud Schemes
- Confirming Mortgages/Non-Conforming Mortgages
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Loan Overview
- Understanding Adjustable Rate Mortgages
- Understanding Disclosures
- A review of Title activities
- A brief review of appraisal activities
The annual renewal period for your mortgage loan originator license will be from November 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022.
You must renew your license during this period in order to ensure that you are authorized to continue originating loans during the 2023 calendar year.